Fringe 2×19 “Brown Betty”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
I will be honest…I’m usually not a fan of the “special” episodes that stray from the series norm. Yes, I’m talking about those musical and time period episodes. I know a lot of fans like them but I’m not one of them. While it is cool to see the actors present other talents, I, typically, find that these episodes add little to the story already being told. “Brown Betty” is Fringe‘s “special” episode, and I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I think the reason for that is because the episode was told more like a Polivia fanfiction than a bonus episode. Thank you writers for giving us a glimpse to how awesome Peter and Olivia will be as a couple!!
- Oh Walter! Self-medicating is not the way to deal with your pain. He is labeling everything in the lab! Oooo, I like the music. Red vines! OH BOY. This is not good. Walter just made his own hybrid drug called, “Brown Betty.” Awwww, Astrid said, “Peter is going to come back.” Why did Olivia leave the door open when she came in? AHHHHHH It’s Ella!!!!! I LOVE HER!!! OH EM GEE SHE IS ADORABLE!!! She just called Walter, “Uncle Walter.” TOO CUTE!! THEY ARE A FAMILY!!!!!!!!
- Walter: “Who’s that?”
- Ella looks like a mini Olivia in that jacket. So cute!
- Walter: “I couldn’t possibly look after anyone. I’m well into Phase 1.” LOL I don’t think you were the number 1 choice, buddy. Ella: “Hi cow.” Walter: “Be careful Stella. Gene, no licking.” HYSTERICAL!!!
- Ella must really love Operation. Either that or it’s the only game she owns. Musical mysteries? Walter: “I was roughed up quite a lot in school.” Poor Walter. Aw, he is gonna tell Ella a story. TOO CUTE FOR WORDS!!
- WTF!!! HELL NO! NOT MR. BORING FACE’S FACE! I thought we moved on already! WE MOVED ON TO PETER!!!
- Even Olivia in the story drinks whiskey.
- WHAT THE WHAT?! I have the same reaction, Ella. Walter is singing?!
- Astrid: “What those school kids must have done to you.” Ella: “Maybe you should teach me Algebra.” Walter: “The medication that Uncle Walter is on…” LOL
- WHAT THE EFF! OH HELL NO! Peter and Rachel?! I will not allow this, not even a made-up story. Yes, Ella, you are correct. Your mom doesn’t love Peter. Your auntie Liv does.
- Ladies and gents, we have the maltese falcon of the story…the mechanical heart.
- Daaaaang Broyles. You have a smooth voice.
- The symbol belongs to Massive Dynamic. I shouldn’t be surprised. Olivia can’t get away from this company. Ah, it’s Ms. Terminator with a different hairstyle. LOL She just said Peter is “dangerous.” I think you meant to say “dangerously adorable and excellent husband material.”
- Olivia has a cell phone?!?! I thought this was supposed to be a 1950s mystery. Yikes! Rachel is missing a heart. Huh? They use a camera with bulbs but somehow Olivia has a cellphone. Technology is so skewed in this story.
- Ella: “She can’t be dead.” Walter: “Why not?” Astrid: “Probably because it’s her mother.” Ella: “No. That’s not it.”
- Rachel was an actress. Twist. Broyles: “The dead seem to follow you around.” Olivia: “What you saying there, Chief?” LOL That is something Louise would say. Broyles: “Time to leave things to the big boys.” Really, Broyles? You just said that? HAHAHA Olivia’s head tilt! I love her little gestures. Olivia: “Okay you win.” She just took evidence from the crime scene.
- TOO ADORABLE!! Ella is feeding Gene. Walter just said Dr. Bishop in the story is “Slightly less handsome than your uncle Walter.”
- I love Walter’s lab in the story. GENE!!! She looks like a bovine version of Twister. He hired Rachel to hire Olivia. He is in a wheelchair like Professor X!!! How nice, Walter is an inventor.
- STUNNED. Singing corpses! Did that just happen?!?! Where did that come from?
- He invented hugs? Awww. He invented everything that is wonderful in the world –different from our Walter. Peter stole his glass heart!!
- Walter: “Of course, but first, she needed to rehire her assistant Esther Figglesworth.” Astrid’s face!
- Astrid can sing!!!! She looks like Cam from Bones in this episode. Esther: “She only calls when it is important. Or when she gets lost.” Is that the Observer!?! YES IT IS! What is he doing to Olivia? Observer: “Don’t stick your heart out where it doesn’t belong.” GAH Olivia is bleeding!
- Is there something between Olivia and Astrid in this story? That man is Peter!!!
- It’s Brandon!!! LOL He is so weird!
- Ms. Terminator: “This man who attacked you, was he bald with an odd cadence in his voice?” LOL She says they are called the “Watchers.” Is Giles going to make an appearance?
- Awww, Walter and Ella are eating red vines! And Astrid is making PB&J sandwiches for them. CUTENESS OVERLOAD.
- Olivia just vandalized Ms. Terminator’s car and Astrid has a laptop. Seriously, the technology baffles me.
- Ms. Terminator is talking to Bell’s hologram. They are a couple! Dang, she gets around. First Broyles. Now Bell.
- It’s the Watcher and Ms. Terminator!! Are they on a boat?! His name is Mr. Gemini. NOOO! They put Olivia in the water and she’s trapped. GAH It’s Peter!!! Hell yeah! He saved her.
- Eeeeeeeeee. Olivia is wearing Peter’s clothes.
- It’s the pattern map Olivia created episodes ago. Peter looks so dapper and he is making her breakfast!!!! GAH!!!! They are playing house!!!! MY EMOTIONS!!!!! Can they do this more often?!!
- Olivia likes to dance. Adorable. Peter: “I guess we’re opposites. I hate to dance.” Don’t say that! “I’d take you though.” YAY!!!!
- Uh oh, Peter is gonna sing a different tune about Walter. Peter: “147 pins. Each one represents a child injured by Walter Bishop.” Say it ain’t so. He steals children’s dreams and replaces them with nightmares. The glass heart is actually Peter’s.
- OH SNAP!!! It’s that cylinder from season 1. Peter: “They found us.” GAH!!! WATCHERS!!!! Peter and Olivia are fighting together as a butt-kicking couple. This is a Polivia fan’s dream come true!!! Hell yeah!! Peter: “I knew you were a good dancer.” DYING!
- They took his heart!!!! Olivia has to put the batteries in Peter’s chest. It’s like the game Operation. Olivia says she was meant to care for people. Peter: “Who cares for you?” Awww. It’s you Peter! It’s you!
- Peter!! She is serenading Peter! Get closer and kiss!!!!!! He’s alive!!!! Whew!
- Walter was using the Watchers!
- Now, Walter is singing the candy man song. Awww, Walter. Peter: “There’s some things you can’t undo.” Timely!
- Ella is gonna change the ending! Peter split the heart in two. GAH!!!!! He is gonna dance with Olivia!!!!!! I LOVE ELLA!!!
- It’s the Observer!!! Observer: “The boy has not returned. Yes, I am concerned too.” WTF!
Fringe 2×18 “The Man from the Other Side”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
Fringe 2×17 “White Tulip”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
Fringe 2×16 “Olivia. In the Lab. With the Revolver.”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer