Fringe 2×20 “Northwest Passage”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
Peter, Peter, Peter. I know you just received some mind-blowing news, but is running away really the answer? What are you, eight? Not only do you leave Walter, but you stop at a diner and flirt with a girl THAT IS NOT OLIVIA?!?!?!?! UNFORGIVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope Walter grounds you, mister!!!
- Did she just give that dude a CD with his food? That’s some service. It’s Peter! DON’T YOU EVEN DARE FLIRT WITH PETER!! Peter is Olivia’s soul mate. Don’t you dare get in their way. Stop smiling at each other!
- Don’t you dare burn him a CD. You like his eyes?!?!?! You know who also likes his eyes? OLIVIA, the mother of his future daughter. Did you hear me chica, OLIVIA! Walk away.
- Who is that dude approaching her? Uh oh. She is gone. Oh well. What are they doing to her head? I didn’t want her to get hurt. They are extracting something from her ear! Do they want to hear what Peter told her?
- Ugh! Peter fell asleep in the motel lobby waiting for the CD-mix-girl. Uh oh. He just got a weird call. CAR PRODUCT PLACEMENT TIME
- AHHHHH!!! It’s Martha Plimpton!! She is in so many awesome things. Oh no. Peter is a suspect.
- It’s Mr. Meanie aka Thomas Jerome Newton!!!!!!!!!
- They found the girl! Yikes!! Uh oh. Peter just heard on the radio the girl’s skull was operated on. Mr. Meanie’s trademark! Peter just asked if she is missing a piece of her temporal lobe and Plimpton is looking at him like he’s crazy. His area of expertise is “weird.”
- Peter is calling Broyles!!! No. He doesn’t want Broyles to tell Walter they spoke. Aww. Broyles: “Take care of yourself.”
- That’s a interesting pen. Is it a slogan for the narcotics unit? Peter: “’Find the crack’? That is the worst police slogan I’ve ever heard.” Mathis: “It’s not a slogan. In the darkness, there’s always a crack. It’s how the light gets in. Ferguson gave it to me… our first case together. Nobody else thought I could hack it, but… it’s — it’s an inside joke.” Awww.
- Peter is gonna stay at the Northwest Passage under the name “Gene Cowan.”
- The mysterious person called Peter again. Oh crap! Ferguson has disappeared! Mathis: “What is it that makes you special?” LOL EVERYTHING. Peter, you are gonna risk the people of that town to get your answers. You are treading dangerous water, my friend.
- Aw, Walter is grocery shopping by himself. Walter: “Potassium bromate?! This supermarket is trying to kill us.” “It is known to induce renal cell tumors.” Oh no, Walter. He just broke down! GAH.
- Walter? What did you to do the house? Aww, Astrid! “Walter, why didn’t you tell me you needed help?” Walter: “What am I going to do, call you every time I run out of Pudding Pops?” Olivia: “Yes, if you need them.” Walter: “I need to learn to care for myself.” They love him so much! Walter is worried he will be sent back to St. Claire’s. Olivia: “I won’t let that happen.” CRYING!!!!
- Mathis and Peter have returned to the crime scene. Ahh It’s Mr. Meanie. WTF?!?! They just shot something at the tree. Are they playing with Peter’s head?! Why is Mathis bleeding? Uh oh. Ouch. Whew. She is not a shapeshifter.
- LOL She thinks Peter is cray cray. There is something between her and Ferguson.
- Uh oh. They found a female’s body and part of her skull missing. Who is she? Peter has never seen her before.
- Walter’s listening to his Violet Sedan Chair album. Walter: “The Hadron Super-Collider is less complicated than that infernal dishwasher.” He used laundry detergent in the dishwasher.
- Awwwwww, Walter wants to build a device to find Peter. He is such a devoted father.
- Mathis and Peter found Gwynn’s truck. She got pulled over by a cop. Uh oh. A shapeshifter may have taken Bill’s body.
- Peter just scared Mathis. Now, he needs a tissue sample. That’s a BIG needle! Peter, you ask for too much.
- Olivia to Broyles: “I’m sure Peter will come back.” Uh oh “Do you know something?” Olivia is so smart, picking up on subtle clues.
- Hello Craig. He is cute. Uh oh! Peter’s cd!!! Peter!!!!! He couldn’t stop? He wanted to be close to them? Huh? So Craig is like a serial killer – not fringe science at all. They found Ferguson!!!
- Mathis: “I wish there was something I could do for you.” “I think you are looking for meaning in things that have no meaning.” Peter: “I don’t know who I am anymore.” Awww, she gave him the pen.
- Walter: “What if he won’t forgive me, Astrid?” WTF?!?! Olivia just told Walter where Peter is! Peter told Broyles NOT TO TELL Walter. Well…I guess Broyles didn’t. Olivia did. Still! Olivia, shame on you. You guys need to let Peter come home on his own.
- Peter is gonna listen to the mix cd the girl made. Ugh. WTF? The song’s lyric is “I could sleep.” I thought the girl made CDs for people to STAY AWAKE. LAME! OH SNAP!! Newton!! Mr. Secretary?! Who is it?? Who is it?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?! I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it!!!!! Nooooooo!!!!!
Fringe 2×19 “Brown Betty”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
Fringe 2×18 “The Man from the Other Side”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
Fringe 2×17 “White Tulip”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer