Fringe 3×01 “Olivia”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
Fantastic Season 3 opener, but I can tell this season is gonna enclose me in a case of conflicting emotions. Olivia is forgetting her world and AltLivia is on the other side to beguile Peter. WHY? But let’s focus on the positive…which is that Olivia Dunham is da bomb!! Move over Ripley and Starbuck. I just wish baby Bishop could see this. Your mom is extraordinary, Etta; you are one lucky girl.
If you haven’t read Louise’s “Olivia” photo recap, read it here.
- It’s our Olivia! She is not crazy, lady!! This reminds me of the Buffy episode, “Normal Again.” OH SNAP! A picture of Olivia’s mom. Doctor: “Is this your mother?” Olivia: “It isn’t her.” That’s right, you are in another universe. Hold up, AltLivia is an Olympian?!?! Whoa!
- Doctor: “Who’s Peter?” Olivia: “Peter is my colleague, a civilian consultant.” No! You are going backwards, Olivia. You declared your love for him, remember? You guys are Facebook official now.
- AHHHH It’s Brandon!! They are trying to transfer AltLivia’s memories onto Olivia’s. NO! I DON’T LIKE WALTERNATE. Why must you be so evil?
- Walternate: “Somehow, she is equipped to move through universes. We need her to help us understand this skill because if we can do it, we can win this war.” Ugh. He wants to destroy Olivia’s world.
- Olivia saw the code and she has a killer memory. GAH!! Look at her arm! So many needle marks. Stop creeper Brandon!! C’mon, Olivia make your escape! LOVE IT!! This is just like “Bound.” Go, Olivia, go! Run! OH SNAP!! She is on Liberty Island. AHHHH! She jumped!
- Well, hello, mister cab driver. Just listen to her, Henry, and drive.
- Col. Broyles: “The currents are impossible this time of the year.” Not for Olivia Dunham!!
- LOL. That’s not the best way to introduce yourself to Henry, Liv. Poor guy, he is so nervous. Dang, now, she is threatening Henry. “Please” and “thank you” can go a long way, Liv.
- Oh Em Gee, it’s crispy Lincoln. They think that Olivia is their Olivia. Silly, boys. Wait!!! Olivia has the tattoo!! SNICKERDOODLE! They did that to her.
- Crispy Lincoln wants to help find Olivia. Aww, he cares for AltLivia.
- She is returning to the Opera House. Henry: “What’s to stop me from leaving now?” Olivia: “Henry Arliss Higgins. 3248 Hastings Avenue, Apartment 3. I.D. Number 10-02-25-056768. Blood Type, “B” negative. Your inoculations are up to date except for your typhus, which is 17 days overdue. You might want to get that taken care of.” I want Olivia’s photographic memory. She is so badass. OH NO, they are quarantining the Opera House.
- Seriously, is the other Astrid a robot?
- Henry: “You got someone?” Olivia: “Sort of.” “His name is Peter. He’s sort of the reason why I’m here.”
- Olivia is trying to go to Massive Dynamic. Olivia: “Remember.” Henry: “Yeah, I know. I know. You got my number. Jedi mind trick.” LOVE the STAR WARS reference!!!!
- Olivia is crying. Don’t give up, Liv. You will get home. Oh snap, it’ Lincoln! He looks so scary. Go, Henry, go. OH EM GEE! OLIVIA! She is so badass!!! THAT WAS SO BADASS!!!!!!! Henry: “You’re a hell of a shot.” Olivia: “No, actually, I’m not.” OH SNAP! Olivia is expressing AltLivia’s traits. Nooo.
- Awww, Henry just got rid of the tracker!! Way to go, buddy.
- Olivia: “I’m stuck here.” No, don’t say that Olivia. 302 Shadowgrove Circle…I’m not sure about this. I think this is a trap.
- Henry: “The guy you mentioned, why you say you came here.” Olivia: “Frank? Yeah.” She just said Frank. Nooooooo She is forgetting about Peter!!
- Frank: “Marilyn is back in town.” Who is Marilyn??
- Aww, Henry and Olivia just smiled at each other. Great pep talk, Henry. I really like him! Where is she? Cute dog. Is this her mother’s house?? JIMINY CRICKET! IT IS!!!! “Olive.” Here come the tears. I can’t bear to see Olivia break down. She is doubting herself. She is doubting her own sanity. Olivia: “I helped you paint, didn’t I?” Marilyn: “This is your safe house.” Don’t fall down the rabbit hole Olivia!!!
- Brandon: “The adrenaline triggered our Olivia’s Memory “B” Lymphocytes. It carried them across the blood-brain barrier and successfully transferred the memories, which means for all intents and purposes… she is our Olivia now.” YOU ARE ON MY NAUGHTY LIST TOO, CREEPER!
- Please tell me Olivia is smiling and acting like AltLivia. Please tell me she is playing along.
- Col. Broyles: “Then I assume this is the time to ask you – why? Why convince her she’s our Olivia Dunham? Why is it necessary?” Walternate: “You don’t need to worry about that just yet. You’ll know soon enough.”
- Peter is debriefing the Senator. He looks so dapper in that suit. More, please. All Peter could think about was kissing Olivia. How cute, BUT SHE IS NOT YOUR OLIVIA!