Category Archives: Television
The Good Wife ended its explosive season tonight and this is what fans had to say about the finale:
- @katelinnea Everything is terrible. I hate everything.
- @msjuliedarling Gaaaah. How do you always surprise me,
#TheGoodWife? Even when I think I have where you’re going figured out, you throw in a curve.
- @whitneym02 Screaming. Gasping. Screaming again. ELI WINS EVERYTHING.
- @LibrarianPince This is how
#TheGoodWife leaves it?!!! I can’t wait until the Fall. :-/ #sadface
- @Kiki1788 A finale without a door, feels “WEIRD” LOL
- @sherinamiller I thought that the leadup to the end was boring and the pace was slow, but the ending was quite fascinating
- @jflotv Sad that was the finale, but to be honest, I think we could all use a little hiatus break. Its been a draining season,
- @anitaalof_ I’m genuinely lost for words at
#TheGoodWife finale, I just can’t get enough
- @SourceChrissie Almost made it through that finale without crying.. Then Alicia and Zach happened..
- @Ellyn_Payts91 What an end to a season I love
#TheGoodWife So disappointed in this season’s cliffhanger ending! I have found the last few episodes rather boring. Will, you are missed!
- @aka_savannah Crying my way through the last two minutes of
#TheGoodWife one more time, because I’m a masochist.
- @BruceWestbrook Maybe next season
#TheGoodWife can become a courtroom show again and not an interoffice squabbling show.
- @lora4dan Amazing season finale of
#thegoodwife I am bereft I have no episodes left to watch!
- @mk_patter DRAMA BOMB.
#TheGoodWife is all kinds of BRILLIANT!!!
I was talking to Louise a few days ago about TV moms to include in a Mother’s Day post and jokingly said Olivia Dunham would receive macaroni art from Etta and a bottle of whiskey from Peter on Mother’s Day. Louise then said I should incorporate that into a story. I thought it was a good idea. I have read fanfiction before never actually tried writing one myself. So, if you like it, thank Louise. If you hate it, then blame me.
Okay, enough rambling, check out my Mother’s Day fanfic after the jump.
A mother’s work is never done, whether your kid is struggling to pass algebra or turning into a werewolf. This Mother’s Day, Pop Culture Nexus salutes the TV moms who handle everything that life throws at them.
Last night was the second episode of Salem, in which Shane West broods and offers sarcastic lectures on why hunting witches is idiotic—all while rocking an awesome wig. It also involves some of the creepiest things you’ll see on TV these days, including possessed dolls, spewing blood, and nipples in weird places. If you’re not watching Salem, you probably should be. And if you want to get caught up on who’s who and what’s what, you can read my recap of episode 2 over at EW Community. Oh, and for any Fringe fans, I want to tell you upfront that you may recognize a trend in my writing about shows with Seth Gabel in them…but I can’t help it that he has so much on-screen chemistry with his male co-stars. And when one of them is Shane West, how you expect them not to sizzle a little bit?
In case you hadn’t heard, Louise is taking part in Entertainment Weekly’s new EW Community blog! You can check out her recap of the first episode here. It’s totally worth watching just for Shane West (Nikita) and Seth Gabel (Fringe).
Last night, fans gathered around their TVs to watch the final episode of How I Met Your Mother. It has been a nine year journey and viewers were excited to see how it ended. (WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD) The episode, Last Forever: Part 2, showed us important moments in the lives of the gang. Marshall and Lily had baby number three, Barney finally ditched the playbook after meeting his daughter, Robin became a world famous news reporter, and Ted married Tracy McConnell, the mother of his two kids. That’s the end, right? Wrong. Ted finishes telling his story and we find out he’s been a widower for six years. The story was never about how he met his wife; it was about how he is still in love with Robin. He gets his kids’ blessing to go after Robin and he does. He shows up at her window with a blue French horn and ready to get the girl. End of series. What did you think? Well, if you were disappointed, you were not alone. Reactions on Twitter varied widely. Some were quite happy but the majority expressed frustration. On IMDb, 3,005 users rated the finale episode 6.8 out of 10 stars. Not only was this the fourth lowest rated episode of Season 9 but it was also the lowest rated final episode. Ouch! The series finale may not have lived up to expectations but we can take comfort in knowing How I Met Your Mother had great moments and the show gave us unforgettable catchphrases.
Since the original post, HIMYM’s season 9 finale rating has dropped on IMDb.com
After nine seasons, How I Met Your Mother finally came to end and fans had very strong feelings. Comments either expressed disappointment or adoration. Very few middle-of-the-road.
- @k_williams95 Well done
#HIMYM its been a good 9 seasons
- @bigdamntvgeek So they really actually did that, huh? I just…I can’t.
- @nah That’s the worst ending ever
- @sdotferro Wow I didn’t think a series finale could make me hate a show that I loved. Well it just happened.
#himym way to blow that.
- @bethanyshondark If I had to imagine a worse ending to a good show I never ever would have thought it could crash and burn like that.
- @jennifer0519 So just going to pretend that this last season of
#HIMYM never existed because REALLY?!
- @CJMurray247 Brilliant
#HIMYM finale, saw a lot of that panning out as it did though so not too shocked.
- @georgiaccarter NOT OKAY WITH
#HIMYM BUT STILL SO MANY FEELS
- @TheMattPolasku Not the best last season but a perfect last episode to one of my favorite shows.
- @TTomlin51 Standing ovation for
- @AccordingToFran Really pleased with the
#HIMYM ending. So sad and beautiful. Long live How I Met Your Mother. :) <3
- @secondhusk Congrats,
#himym. You just seized the Most Disappointing Series Finale Ever crown right out of Battlestar Galactica’s beautiful robot hands.
- @burlij Not all that surprised by
#HIMYM finale, but certainly disappointed. Did it really have to end like that?
- @JamiesRabbits That finale hurt my feelings. Nine years of feelings.
- @NicoleLeeTV SO
#HIMYM spent YEARS on Barney and Robin’s relationship, the whole final season on their wedding, for a divorce? #HateThis
- @calientevampire At the end of the day,HIMYM was an amazing show I will never forget.The characters were wonderful and the stories were LENGENDARY
- @TheToniSanchez So glad I have scotch to dull my feels and frustration.
- @Karly_McD I’m a sobby sloppy mess after the LEGEN … wait for it … DARY
#finale of How I Met Your Mother #HIMYM. Best finale EVER!!!
- @bryantmsmith Was
@MNightShyamalan a cowriter for #himym because like his movies, the twist ending made everything I enjoyed about it terrible
A few days ago, Wired published an article on Kevin Wu’s new project called “Graph TV.” The name of the website is self-explanatory. It graphs a television show based on its IMDb ratings…AND IT IS AWESOME. Please visit the site if you haven’t. Just type in a TV show then internet magic will make a colorful data visualization of your show appear. EXCITING!!! Excuse my overuse of capital letters but I get easily excited by representations of data! After graphing some of my favorite shows, I decided to look more closely at shows by auteurs, like Joss Whedon. The result was an interesting side-by-side look at Whedon’s shows. Aren’t they pretty?!
I included the highest and lowest rated episodes in the graphs not considering the season finale because finales are typically rated highly. All Buffy and Dollhouse seasons had an upward trend, while the first and last episode ratings of Angel’s seasons 2 and 3 saw little change. Not much can be said about Firefly‘s trend line because the episodes were graphed in the order they premiered, instead of the true order. The lowest rated episode of any Whedon show was Buffy’s “Where the Wild Things Are” (6.1) in which Riley and Buffy have a marathon of sex. Other stuff happens but this pointless plotline really stands out. Buffy also takes the crown for having the highest rated Whedon show with a glorious 9.6 for the musical. Other interesting facts are that 28 percent of the lowest-rated episodes occurred during episodes 11 through 13 and 24 percent of the highest-rated episodes occurred during episodes 6 through 8. Like Firefly, Dollhouse was a short-lived show however its overall series rating was the lowest of any show (7.8). And do you know the show that received the highest overall rating? You guessed it. Firefly. I would say congrats Browncoats but the Whedonites are the real winners here. Whedon shows had ups and downs but all of them ended with high overall ratings.
Illustrations by Kevin Wu/Graph TV
It’s been a very long time since a TV show made me feel anything quite as intense as I did during last night’s earth-shattering episode of The Good Wife. I wish I could appreciate this for the remarkable hour of television that it was, but I’m too blinded by my own grief to be able to see the brilliance of The Good Wife‘s most recent episode, in which one of the show’s original characters was unexpectedly killed. If you haven’t watched the episode yet, I beg you not to read on. Otherwise, join me in mourning one of the best written and best acted characters on television…
It’s the day after the world premiere and Veronica Mars fans are still gushing over the film. Check out some of the reactions on Twitter
- @chrisharnick Such a surreal experience to see the
#VeronicaMarsMovie movie with a full theater of fans. More #VeronicaMars adventures now, please!
- @EzzieJ The
#VeronicaMarsMovie is perfect. Thoroughly enjoyable & true to the television series. Proof that fans know better than the studio execs!
- @purehero Saw the
#VeronicaMarsMovie & as expected I loved it. Fans of the TV show will not be disappointed. Definitely recommended!
- @Dija1018 Just finished watching
#VeronicaMarsMovie so freaking awesome!
- @bullfrog_RN I loved the
#VeronicaMarsMovie soundtrack when I first heard it last week but seeing the actual scenes to match? Downright perfection.
- @ForeignThunder There needs to be a trilogy of
@veronicamars and then a set of trilogy’s of movies 20 years later! #toodamngood #VeronicaMarsMovie
- @somewebpixels So glad I contributed to the
#VeronicaMarsMovie it was amazing!
- @DamonSavedHer Still having too many feelings from
#VeronicaMarsMovie IT WAS PERFECT. Only bad thing about it is that it ended. @veronicamars
- @andrealynn001 Took my mom to see
#VeronicaMarsMovie :-) she liked it and found it easy to follow even though she could never tell Logan & duncan apart…
- @Cearnett The
#VeronicaMarsMovie made my heart happy.
- @MsLugsdin Just saw the
#VeronicaMarsMovie – I obviously sobbed.
- @liz_norris Omg
@veronicamars is the best movie I’ve seen so far this year. It’s perfect. Everything I could have ever wanted. #VeronicaMarsMovie
- @lindsayynicolle Don’t mind me, I’m just over here HYPERVENTILATING about how wonderful the
- @LovelyZena My life is complete!
- @Jabo616 The
#veronicamarsmovie was really everything I was hoping for. A lot of fun, tons of nods to the fandom, and James F’N Franco! #ahoy
#VeronicaMarsMovie: awesome, massive pay off for VM fans and #PartyDown too Thanks @RobThomas & cast #nowplaying #kickstarter #worththewait
- @misskubelik Best part of
#VeronicaMarsMovie was way it made me feel like the fandoms you really love never die, that their possibilities live on in you.
#VeronicaMarsMovie kicked ass!!! #Marshmallows for life!!! #loganechollsiloveyou
- @sknisley WOW!!! Great movie. If you are a VM fan go see this movie. If you never watched the show, go see this movie.
- @claymus I really liked the
#VeronicaMarsMovie it was so great seeing those characters again. #alongtimeago
- @showmeyourriffs I already want a repeat viewing of the
#veronicamarsmovie, which is a good indication that everything is as it should be in Neptune.
- @e5kay Veronica Mars movie was AMAZING! The crowd was going wild, so fun!
#LoVe #VeronicaMarsMovie #epic