Are you ready for Frankenstorm? You’ve probably already got the basics taken care of. Bottled water? Check. Batteries? Check. Celebrity-themed crossword puzzles? Check. These are the obvious supplies people tell you to stock up on for an impending catastrophe. But what about the overlooked essentials? The things the Red Cross doesn’t remind you about, but boy will you be glad you thought of them when you’re sitting in your dark house finishing off the last of your mostly-melted Chunky Monkey ice cream. So ask yourself, am I ready? If that answer is, “Yes, of course—I was an Eagle Scout,” then good for you. But otherwise, take a look at this checklist to see if you have everything you’ll need:
Until this point, I was only moderately interested in NBC’s post-apocalyptic drama Revolution, but last night’s episode was the tipping point at which I became officially hooked. Apparently all it took was a Romeo & Juliet love story, some Captain Neville back-story, and Frank Lapidus. Who knew that was all you needed to get me to watch a TV show? (It’s sad but true—I will watch pretty much anything with a forbidden love story and Lost alumni.) Let’s go over the highlights of this week’s episode that have led me to commit to this show:
- @taychill: LOL there were so many #Lost references in tonight’s #Fringe i like! #AnotherWay
- @jem219: Didn’t realize just how much I cared about September and now he’s gone #AnotherWay
- @Goingpostal83: #Fringe is too damn Good this season to be done after this season. Just doesn’t seem right. #anotherway
- @travelgrl32: @fringe_campaign The way Olivia was looking at Peter while tattooing him! You can see how much she loves him! #AnotherWay
- @fringe_campaign: Olivia = Hope #AnotherWay
- @Ocean5ouL: Awwwwww… her smile. She’s proud of her *daughter. AND OMG THE SCORE. <3 #anotherway
- @frozenaura: Good girl, Etta. You might be hardened by all of this …there’s hope for you yet. Just listen to Mommy. #AnotherWay
- @serenityinall: I get this feeling that every week of S5 of #Fringe is going to be my fav! Loved tonight’s ep! #AnotherWay
- @aimeeinchains: Took a strong dad maneuver from Peter to keep Etta from going terminator after seeing fate of Simon. I would’ve went bonkers. #AnotherWay
- @AccessoryGal: #Fringe gave me the chills tonight. What a power episode! @fringeonfox
- @mutnat: Lots of great #LOST references tonight on #Fringe #InAbsentia. #Radzinsky, #Dharma tapes, I half-expected Dr. Marvin Candle! #AnotherWay
- @pixelsmith24: Never doubted you, Etta! You know more than your mom when it comes to the Loyalists! #AnotherWay
- @EvilVagenda: Is that a missing Dharma Initiative video? #AnotherWay
- @polivias: WHAT IS HAPPENING WHAT IS GOING ON ETTA FJDKLSA #ANOTHERWAY
- @RKron: Why is it always the eye?! #AnotherWay
- @Hogscald: Fringe!!!! That’s what I’m talking about! #AnotherWay
- @Fringie6989: @JWFRINGE Just stopped crying from last week and now I’m crying even harder! This is some beautiful, gut-wrenching, golden stuff right here!
- @Wetterfrosch_xD: OMFG!!! NEXT EPISODE RIGHT NOW PLEASE!!!! #AnotherWay
- @MC_247: If Newton was able to do it, there is hope yet for Simon.
- @Kaelity: I’m team Etta, haters gonna hate. #AnotherWay
- @Fringenuity: ROFL!! The clapper still works! xD #AnotherWay
- @fringeuniverse: Ewww… It wouldn’t be Fringe if I didn’t get grossed out at least once. #AnotherWay
- @Marieme27: Olivia will always be the BEST #AnotherWay
- @salanderian: Wow. Etta seems even more badass than Olivia. #AnotherWay
Have you ever loved a movie, a book, a TV show, or an icon so much that you decided to get it permanently inked on your body? Well, these people have. Today, we salute them. This week’s Top 5 Tuesday features our favorite pop culture related tattoos, from Star Wars to Joss Whedon.
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone! (Or, happy League of Women Voters Day, if you’re Liz Lemon.) And what a wonderful coincidence that it happens to fall on a Tuesday, making it the perfect excuse for me to celebrate Top 5 Tuesday by counting up our top 5 declarations of love on television…
Well, we’ve almost made it through our first whole year without Lost, and tragic as it may be, we have to accept that this is our life now. OR…we can cling to the past and keep reliving the wonder of Lost over and over again, starting with this hilarious video from HowItShouldHaveEnded.com!
I’ll leave you with some inspirational parting words from the great John Locke:
“DON’T TELL ME WHAT I CAN’T DO.”
Welcome to another riveting edition of Pop Culture Nexus’ Top 5 Tuesday, where we celebrate the most excitingly random categories you can imagine. This week, we’re taking a moment to recognize the hard-working actors who are really good at being bad. Without further ado, here are the usual suspects… (WARNING: Some spoilers ahead!)
I am really enjoying ABC’s new fairy tale drama Once Upon A Time. One of the things I love most about it is the Lost references. (There were at least six in the pilot, and a handful since then.) Not a surprise, considering the show was created by two former Lost writers. This week’s episode, entitled “That Still Small Voice,” included a nod to Lost that brought back some fond memories. Did you catch it? When Archie the shrink (AKA Jiminy Cricket) was going through Henry’s backpack containing his provisions for his incredibly unsafe mine exploration, he pulled out a chocolate bar, but it wasn’t just any chocolate bar, it was an Apollo bar! These candy bars show up periodically throughout Lost, as seen above in the picture of Hurley sharing an Apollo bar with Ben in season 4. Maybe next week on Once Upon A Time, Snow White will visit Mr. Cluck’s Chicken Shack, or we’ll discover that Cinderella’s favorite band is Drive Shaft. I for one can’t wait to see more winks and nods to my dear departed Lost. To see all the Easter eggs from the pilot episode, check out this website. What other Lost references did you catch in this week’s Once Upon A Time? Did you notice the Mayor from Buffy was in this episode? Are you loving this show as much as I am? Leave your thoughts in the comments section, or tweet us @PopCultureNexus.
Blogger, John Dellaporta, gives us his thoughts on ABC’s new television show, Once Upon A Time. Read it here.
Follow John Dellaporta on Twitter @JohnDellaporta
- @purehero I liked the pilot, it reminded me a bit of
#Fables by Bill Willingham
- @sareelify I think Rumpelstiltskin has some potential, but I’m unsure where the show is going b#onceuponatime
- @ianmorrill Holy shit
#onceuponatime really sucks
- @alliegiancarlo Once Upon A Time is absolutely brilliant, and will hopefully fill the hole in my soul that was left by LOST
- @kaylyngelhar Watching
#onceuponatime … Actually kind of into this! probs gonna be DVRing this every week
#onceuponatime. OMG awesome! Worth the wait!!
#onceuponatime was good. A lot of potential there.
- @JDMLostandFound The
#OnceUponATime pilot was awesome. Best pilot I’ve seen this year. #Mustwatchtv
#OnceUponaTime is pretty great. Lots of nods to #Lost. I think I’ll give it a try. #ihavetogoback
#Onceuponatime was kinda disaster-ish
- @Madi_Corinn12 Watched
#OnceUponATime sooo amazing.(:
- @DearHeartxoxo I’m confused….
#OnceUponATime was awesome!!!
- @TheadamB Watched
#OnceUponATime tonight. Looks very promising.
- @daana_ loved
#onceuponatime, all your favorite fairytales put in one
#OnceUponaTime was awesome tonight! It reminds me so much of #Fables but in a good way.
#onceuponatime was #epic ! Yay for fairytales
- @sews4dollars I’m sufficiently interested to watch the next episode.