Meryl Streep wins Golden Globe
Meryl swears, leaves glasses at table, and is signaled to wrap up. Read the tweets following Meryl Streep’s Golden Globe win.
- @TheEllenShow I knew it! Congratulations Meryl Streep. Your performance was brilliant.
- @tvgoodness Um. I love Meryl Streep. Her speech is genius.
- @amysbp I love how when they try and music her off the stage she blows off the music.
- @TVDoneWright No music can stop the madness that is Meryl Streep.
- @poniewozik Prefer if Streep would no longer give speeches, simply hurl award deep into audience and strut off.
- @televisionary Tilda Swinton’s hair is the “weird exotic bird” referenced in Meryl Streep’s acceptance speech.
- @ThisJessicaRae I’m so happy for Meryl Streep. Yaaaay.
- @Movieline Goddamit Fincher, take Meryl her f****** reading glasses already!
- @Movieline Meryl Streep FTW! She is SOOOO shocked! (Nobody else is)
- @ana_br Meryl Streep, ladies and gentlemen… messing up names and thanking random people…
- @BaffledAddict I love Meryl Streep but is she drunk?
- @PerezHilton On a scale of 1 to 10, Meryl is about an 8 drunk tonight! She usually gets VERY sauced at the Globes – and I love it!!!
- @TVDoneWright The crowd really sucks at bringing shit to the stage. Meryl can’t see!!!
- @TVWithoutPity This Streep speech is so bad, we miss Poitier.
- @LauraPrudom Pfft, such a thrill, until she can ACTUALLY be honored to get an Oscar. (She did act her face off in Iron Lady, though).
- @TVWithoutPity Yes,
#MerylStreep totally deserves a standing ovation at the #GoldenGlobes. She did cure cancer, end famine, and bring about world peace.
- @dramakim And we have an Oscar Race on our hands, ladies and gents.
- @piersmorgan You CANNOT cut off Meryl Streep. Outrageous.
- @KitCouchPotato Don’t even try it! Meryl Streep will act ALL OVER your drown out music
- @roadtohell They’re playing Meryl Streep off? Really Hollywood Foreign Press? You’re lucky they air your awards at all.
- @ditzkoff It’s going to take 99 takes for David Fincher to give Meryl Streep her reading glasses.
- @michaelianblack Glenn Close is the Jorge Posada to Meryl Streep‘s Derek Jeter.
- @slyssa If you’re up against meryl streep for an award, you will lose.
- @Jkelliemarie Still a bit disappointed in the Best Actress category. The playing field is never quite even when Meryl Streep is nominated.