Fringe 1×03 “The Ghost Network”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
Hello Fringe fandom!
Apart from the typical pattern case, episode 3 proved how witty the writers are. There were so many funny lines from characters I didn’t expect – like Agent Francis and Olivia. I love how the writers are able to break the tension in a scene with a hysterical one-liner and execute it in a manner that elevates the scene rather than diminish its importance to the story. Without further ado, here are my reactions to episode 3.
- I hope this bus sequence doesn’t turn into Speed.
- Uh oh. Toxin! All that for a JanSport backpack?
- They are stuck in an amber-like substance – just like the mosquito in Jurassic Park.
- John Scott’s portrait at his funeral is creepy. Poor Olivia. She just got the stare of death from Scott’s mother.
- Aw, Agent Charlie Francis. You are a good friend. “I wasn’t going to tell you this, but he said he loved me too”
- I shouldn’t be surprised that Walter is self-medicating himself with psychotics.
- Gold star goes to Olivia for directing the investigation to the backpack.
- Agent Davidson wants to see Mendoza’s body. Looks like they had a secret something-something because there’s some major hand touching.
- Peter looks adorable in a lab coat.
- Really, Broyles, really? You have a hard time believing the office guy is psychic? ‘Cuz magic old man baby and people stuck in amber are totally mundane events?
- Mr. Psychic is getting a CAT scan and his blood looks like it’s boiling. That’s not normal.
- It’s called “Ghost Network.” Cool name.
- Uh oh. Roy McComb (aka Mr. Psychic) was another one of Walter’s test subjects way back when.
- Peter: “Did you ever bother to explain to him what you were doing?” Walter: “Well, it wouldn’t have been a very secret experiment if I had.” HAHA I can always rely on Walter to provide some comedy during a really intense scene.
- I love Walter explaining the “Rabbit or Duck” picture.
- After Peter breaks into his old house in Cambridge, Olivia looks at him like he is a hot badass. She is totally falling in love with him.
- Poor Walter. He thought the family dog was still in the house.
- Stupid Freshmen! “Is this poly sci 101?” Freshmen are always lost.
- Astrid knows Latin. She is trying to decipher the line when Olivia interjects, “She had it on her the whole time.” Astrid: “Oh yeah, that’s a possible translation.” This show is so funny.
- Fake out! Agent Davidson didn’t have a thing for Mendoza. He was performing minor hand surgery.
- “With proper demodulation, you could receive satellite television for free.” Can I have that?
- Hey, there’s the bald dude that everyone talks about!
- What?! Agent Davidson was just shot? Rewind! That is an impressive silencer.
- More pattern cases.
- Aw, Peter is playing the piano for Olivia. Can they just get married already?
- Broyles just gave Ms. Terminator the weird coin shaped item extracted from Mendoza’s hand.
- It’s Mr. Boring Face! Is Massive Dynamic still interrogating him?
I am really curious to find out why Mr. Boring Face’s body is still lying around. Is he part of a larger plan? I hope not. I want him gone so Olivia can focus on Peter.
Thank you all who have read my previous posts and have shielded me from spoilers. It has been a lot of fun reading your comments and tweets afterwards.