Fringe 2×18 “The Man from the Other Side”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
I can tell the season finale is near! Peter just realized he is from the other side. AHHHHH! Poor guy. I know that is life altering news but you didn’t have to run away! Walter still loves you, and Olivia…well, she loves you too. She just hasn’t expressed it with her words yet. And you left Astrid and Broyles! They are your family too. Peter, come back. Pretty please!
- Hey look, teenagers. This is exactly how a horror movie begins. What is that thing growing out of the ground? You probably shouldn’t go near it, kid. Uh oh. AH!!!! It’s a shapeshifter!!! A NASTY shapeshifter!!!!!
- Aww, Peter wants to make Walter’s favorite pie. OH MAN, Walter is gonna tell Peter. Olivia, you just had to call and interrupt him. Shame on you.
- Three puncture wounds to the soft palate! It’s the shapeshifter’s trademark. Ewww, they found one that is not fully formed. Walter: “It reminds me of a beanbag chair I once owned. 1974.” Walter don’t cut the thing! Walter: “I think it is harmless enough.” That’s what they all say before havoc breaks loose!!!
- It’s Thomas Jerome Newton. Ugh, I don’t like him. Mr. Leader-of-the-Shapeshifters.
- Peter: “Shapeshifter embryo. Adorable.” Took the words right out of my mouth. The shapeshifters caused an interference in the TV broadcast. Yikes, folks may have gotten a glimpse of the other side.
- It’s Brandon! Olivia just impressed him with her knowledge of a parallel universe. OH SNAP! Tomorrow at 3:31 PM both universes will be in sync.
- Walter is out counting cars to trigger his memory. Peter: “He promised to stay off the freeway.” Uh oh!! Peter found a family picture in Walter’s book. How is it that Olivia still looks badass in glasses? Totally jealous. Aww, Peter promised Walter he would take him to the Star Trek convention.
- Peter thinks Walter wants to talk about how his mother died. WHAT?!?! Walter told him his mother died in a car crash but she actually committed suicide.
- Walter just came in and his hat is adorable. Walter: “As they say in Finland, there’s more than one way to roast a reindeer.” He needs a corpse. “Any corpse will do.” Glad to hear you are not picky, Walter.
- What are Newton and his minions doing?
- Aw, Olivia trust your instincts. See, Walter said you did it perfectly. They’re going to reenergize the shapeshifter!!! Ummm… I don’t think that is a good idea. Oh snap! The thing is moving!!!! WTF?! Yep, I’m totally going to have nightmares.
- WTF!! The thing talks!! This thing is worse than a horror movie. Okay…now it’s getting silly. It lost the fear factor. He just told Walter, “He’s sorry.” WTF! Did Walter from the other side send them?!?!?!?!
- HUH? Newton just took a pill.
- Peter just said goodnight to Olivia over the phone.
- PETER JUST CALLED WALTER “DAD”!!!!!!!!!!
- LOL Olivia got out of bed to visit the bishop house. She loves the Bishop boys. Her reaction when she sees them with their little toy cars!
- The bridge?! Is this this the bridge she saw in her déjà vu back in season 1? Wait, no. Nevermind.
- AHH! The shapeshifters took the officers’ bodies. YES! SHE KNEW!!!!!!! BAMF!! Fringe signature shot.
- Walter NOOO!! He is driving away!! Cover your hubby, Olivia! Peter to Walter: “It’s gonna go faster if we do this together.” Awww.
- Olivia being a BAMF!! AHH Walter won’t leave the bridge. Peter!!!!!!! Newton is gonna bring the bridge back. WTF?!?! GAH, that guy just went poof but Peter is still alive!
- Peter is in the hospital waking up. Olivia: “Welcome back.” BEAUTIFUL! CAN THEY BE MARRIED ALREADY!?!?!?! LOVE THEM!!!!!!
- AH, Peter knows. Walter is so excited to see him. OH MAN, HERE COME THE TEARS! Peter: “And they didn’t kill me. I’m not from here, am I?”
- Wait, huh? Mr. Secretary crossed over?!?! He’s human ‘cuz he is not bleeding mercury. WHO THE EFF IS IT?! I hope it is not Walternate.
- Peter checked himself out of the hospital. Gosh darn it, Peter.
Fringe 2×17 “White Tulip”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
Fringe 2×16 “Olivia. In the Lab. With the Revolver.”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
Fringe 2×15 “Peter”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer