Fringe 3×09 “Marionette”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
Okay, give me until eternity to recover from the Polivia scene in the garden. Seriously, I don’t know how am I supposed to…what am I…I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF. It’s not just my eyes that are crying, my whole body is grieving. It’s funny how Fringe makes me forget how to perform simple and necessary human functions like breathing. Excuse me while I go crawl into the fetal position and stare at my TV hoping that I am having a terrible nightmare. It’s like the writers take pleasure in us suffering. THEY MUST BE ROBOTS OR THOSE EVIL OBSERVERS FROM THE FUTURE. It’s the only explanation. AND Fox should really consider having a CPR how-to instructional video at the end of episodes like this so at least our loved ones can attempt to resuscitate us.
- Did the dude just prick the guy’s leg? Wait, he didn’t die? That’s a first on Fringe. Oh man, dying from a Fringe event looks like the better option right about now. The killer is stealing the heart while the man is still alive!
- Listen to Broyles, Liv, go on leave. I’m no expert on universe hopping, but you deserve a break. Olivia: “I’m not gonna deny that the last few months haven’t taken their toll. But I made a promise to a friend over there. And I swore that I would do everything that I can to heal both worlds. I need to go back to work.” OLIVIA DUNHAM IS AMAZING. I admire her so much.
- Peter is gonna tell Olivia everything. I better start getting the tissues ready…
- HA, she is enjoying coffee. You missed that didn’t you, Liv? Uh oh!!! Peter is gonna tell her! Oh, wow, Olivia is taking this really well. “It’s okay. I’m here now.” Gah…she is realizing it. MY HEART IS BREAKING!!!! Olivia: “Does everyone know?” Jeesh, she is surprisingly understanding of the situation. Olivia: “Peter, it’s fine. We’re good.” Really? Just like that? You’re not gonna get upset? Wow. Shocked. But you never slept with Frank.
- The guy who cut the heart out is putting it in some chick. Is he building a girlfriend?
- Walter must watch Buffy. He just suggested Olivia may be a robot since she reacted unusually well to Peter’s affair.
- You have to get that tattoo removed ASAP. Uh oh, she is yanking the hangers off. That’s Peter’s shirt in the washing machine. Stand by for heart shattering into a million pieces.
- Olivia, don’t lie to Astrid. Don’t bottle your emotions in. Confide in her. Yes, way to go Astrid for saying exactly what Liv needed to hear.
- Ewww, Walter! He just put ashes from the urn in his mouth.
- Amanda Walsh looks like a marionette. WTF?! He is making her dance. Was he a fan? This is so damn creepy, but a BRILLIANT SCENE! The cinematography is astounding. You don’t see this kind of stuff anywhere else.
- Yikes, Olivia is getting testy with Peter as they search for their suspect.
- He did it. Roland Barrett reanimated Amanda, but it’s not her.
- Oh my gosh, Olivia is in the garden crying. Olivia: “You know what Barrett said? He said that he looked into her eyes, and he knew that it wasn’t her.” Oh no, this is not going to be good. I can’t… Olivia: “She’s in my house, my job, my bed, and I don’t want to wear my clothes anymore, and I don’t want to live in my apartment, and I don’t want to be with you. She’s taken everything.” Nope, this is not happening…I must have had a stroke. That moment did not happen. THE FRINGE WRITERS JUST BROKE MY HEART, STOMPED ON IT, THEN SOWED THE PIECES ONTO THEIR CLOTHING LIKE A BADGE OF PRIDE FOR RUINING LIVES AND DREAMS. That was the worst! And where the hell is Anna Torv’s Emmy?! Forget about just the Fringe cannon, this scene is one of the most beautiful and saddest scenes in television history.