Fringe 3×11 “Reciprocity”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
Peter’s middle name should be “heartbreaker.” His actions have broken the hearts of so many, particularly the two people who love him most. The scene in which Walter finds out Peter has been killing shapeshifters reminds me of the moment in 5×07 when Olivia discovers he has implanted the Observer tech in his head. Walter and Olivia are frightened by what they see. Peter is not their Peter anymore. He is a weaponized version of the man they love, and it’s really interesting that it’s Peter with the connection to machines because he’s the emotional glue in the Bishop-Dunham family. He is the one who brought them all together. He is the source of emotional strength for Walter and Olivia. Peter helped his father become a better, more compassionate man, and he helped his wife, Olivia, break down those emotional walls she built over the years. And though we do not know how Season 5 ends, I think it is safe to say that Peter will play a similar role to the one he had in Season 3. He will be the key to salvation or destruction. While I would like to see Olivia save the world, I know she will not be alone. She will be with Peter, and really, that’s how it should be.
- Field trip to the apocalyptic, death machine! DANG, that machine is big. HAHA The the other Olivia’s password was a U2 song lyric, and Walter just called her, “Fauxlivia.” LOVE IT!
- Uh oh…the machine is opening and Peter’s nose is bleeding. Peter: “Something did trigger it. Me.”
- I spy a Fringe glyph on Peter’s bag!
- Walter wants to regrow his brain cells for his son. “I’m not whole, Nina. If I’m to figure out how Peter is connected to the machine, I have to get smarter. It’s the only way I’ll be able to help my son.”
- It’s Olivia!!!! Aw, cute banter…you two are gonna be the death of me. Make up already. Gah, she touched his hand!!
- Poor, Astrid…the underappreciated lab assistant.
- Snickerdoodle, the dead body is a shapeshifter and his data storage unit was removed. They have a mole!!! OH CRAP! The doctor is the mole! He heard Walter tell Peter they found the shapeshifter.
- Poor Olive. Fauxlivia is still messing with her life.
- This is not going to be good…Ms. Terminator found Bell’s retroviral serum to regrow brain cells. Walter!! WTF. Don’t sniff random stuff without running experiments.
- That’s right! Olivia and Broyles being BAMFs. HAHA Walter is taking an IQ test.
- Oh wonderful, Walter is growing chimp DNA in his brain. That’s what happens when you sniff random serums without testing them first.
- Olivia: “The last few weeks have been really hard for me. I’ve been so focused on what the other Olivia did to me that I… I just haven’t thought about what she did to you.” “And I want you to know that I’m sorry and that I get it now. The good news is… is that she’s gone. I know it doesn’t feel like that at the moment, but she is gone. And, um, we can get past it.” They are making progress!!
- HAHA Brandon is the number one suspect now.
- WTF?! Peter just killed the new shapeshifter. What is going on?! Uh oh, Olivia wants to read Fauxlivia’s notes.
- Oh man! Walter found the list of names in Peter’s room. What is his little boy up to? Al I think of right now is September’s words, “It must be difficult being a father.”
- Noooooooo! Olivia is sniffling reading the journal. “You know, this may have started out as a mission, but it turned into something else. She was starting to have real feelings for him.” Have I mentioned lately how much I dislike Fauxlivia? Chick is back in her universe but still causing Olivia pain.
- Peter is in Zach Albert’s apartment. You are just leaving a trail of disappointing actions, aren’t you? It’s Walter! Oh Snap! HE JUST DID THAT. Peter chopped off the shapeshifter’s fingers and some of the mercury landed on the camera.
- Broyles was almost in an accident. I hope this isn’t a sign of something horrible to come- just like that accident Olivia was almost in at the end of Season 1. Walter is so frightened by Peter’s actions. “Then why didn’t you tell us? If you weren’t doing anything wrong, why didn’t you tell us? I don’t know what’s happened, but this is not you.”
- Olivia is debriefing the Bishop men. Peter, you idiot! You are lying to Olivia and covering up your shady actions. YOU ARE MAKING MATTERS WORSE!! ARGH. I have a hand impression on my face named “Peter” from the many facepalms he has made me do.
- Walter thinks the machine has weaponized Peter. THIS IS NOT GOOD.
- Oh, Bell, you are like a piñata- just full of surprises inside. Why were you searching for copies of The First People’s book?
A #HurryUpMary Update
Fringe 3×10 “The Firefly”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
Fringe 3×09 “Marionette”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
Fringe 3×08 “Entrada”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer