Fringe 5×10 “Anomaly XB-6783746”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
On Friday, we had to say goodbye to a dear friend, Nina Sharp. She was a hero, a leader, and Olivia’s mom. I was hugely disappointed by the outcome of the Season 4 reset, but one of the things I think it did very well was introduce a new Nina. She was benevolent and motherly. She raised Olivia and Rachel, and even though Olivia chose to be the Olivia from another timeline and lose those memories with Nina, they were still able to rebuild the mother/daughter relationship. Nina was more than just a member of the Fringe team. She was family. The Bishops lost another member of their family that day and the pain emanated from their faces. All they could do was put one foot in front of the other and continue soldiering on, but that routine becomes more and more difficult every time. With only three episodes left, who else will the Bishops lose? Will Broyles be the next person to sacrifice his life to the mission? He’s done it before. And how does September/Donald fit into plan? Was he Donald before he became a baldie or vice versa? It was definitfly comforting to see our favorite Observer return and distract us from our loss in the lab. Yes, I saw what you did there David Fury-take one person away to bring another back. You are a puppet master of our emotions.
- Aw, Olivia is trying to connect with Michael. It’s so interesting seeing her maternal side shine through in moments such as this.
- REALLY?! You just NOW traced the sublimation device?! I thought you were supposed to be an “advanced being,” Windmark. Took you long enough.
- OH MY GOSH. They are using the Peter’s technique from Season 1 to translate the grooves in the glass into sound. FRINGE THROWBACK!!!
- Nina to Olivia: “I am nothing if I can’t be a resource for you.”
- MOTHER OF PEARL!! Michael Cerveris is a guest star in this episode!!
- WHY?!?!?! Why must you force me to experience so much pain? Olivia’s look at Peter after staring at Etta’s poster is burning a hole in my heart.
- This episode is written by David Fury!?!!?!?! My excitement for this episode is growing exponentially!
- Peter: “You’re thinking about her.” Olivia: “Every time I see one of those posters, my heart jumps.”
- Oh snap. Windmark is interrogating all of the Ministry of Defense scientists.
- I’ve always wondered what is in Peter’s backpack. He’s always carrying it. Anti-matter batons? First aid kit? An extra pair of pants for Walter? Condoms for when Olivia is in the mood?
- You go, Hastings! Make Windmark say, “Doctor.” You spent all of those years working towards that title, you deserve it.
- There’s an app for everything!
- So many numbers and codes in this episode. I feel like I should be recording all of this, because they may be important later.
- I love Nina. Even after finding out her life has changed FOREVER, she still manages to tell Michael everything will be okay.
- What did Nina see? WHAT DID MICHAEL SHOW NINA?!?! TELL ME. Did she see the plan? Did she see Windmark’s demise?
- LOL Peter is driving a “mom van.”
- Uh oh! Is Nina gonna die?
- Windmark: “You animals.” Oh, that’s rich, coming from you-killer of all that is beautiful and wonderful. Windmark is the anti-Disney.
- Nina: “because for all your years of evolution, you inadvertently redeveloped and honed primitive instincts that we moved beyond long ago. So in reality, you’re the animal.” BAMF.
- Damn. They’ve lost so much. I CAN’T BEAR WATCHING WALTER IN PAIN.
- Ah, Polivia offers a glimmer of light in this dark, dark moment. I could stare at this gif for hours.
- Little dude picked the wrong time to play hide and seek with Olivia.
- Michael can cry. So he hasn’t lost his empathic abilities.
- Time to get into each other’s brains!
- SEPTEMBER WITH HAIR!!!