Fringe 3×12 “Concentrate and Ask Again”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
It’s been one month and five days since Fringe ended and just writing this is making me think of Olivia’s reunion with her little girl. My first thought when I realized 3×12 was my next “newbie” post was “It’s the one in which Olivia is in a dress!!! Good, I need a light episode to ease me back” but then the end hit me like runaway freight train. Their pain is my pain. Re-watches are easier since I know Peter and Olivia will get a happy ending but back then when I was a first time viewer, 3×12 nearly transformed me into the Hulk. Thumbs up for Peter and Olivia dressed stunningly.
- That’s right, Ms. Terminator, strut down the hall like you own the place. It’s Bell’s stuff!! “Dr. Spock’s child care book”-haha- a Star Trek shout out. 52010!! Oh snap. Bell, you sly genius, billionaire you. You had a copy of The First People this whole time.
- Ms. Terminator: “I imagine that must have been awkward reading her account of Peter.” Oh, darling, I don’t think “awkward” begins to describe what Olivia must have gone through reading Altlivia’s diary. Must have been torture. NOOOOOOO OLIVIA!!!! Don’t even think Peter developed feelings for her. “She’s like me, but better.” DON’T SAY THAT!!!!! “She can laugh. She has real friends.” My soul is dying.
- Enjoy your last birthday, buddy. Seriously, dude, why would you open the box? Have you not seen the Fincher’s “Seven”? EW! His bones just broke! Oh em gee. This is a gruesome Fringe event.
- The Fringe team has great entrances.
- The box is from “Madison.” Well, Madison is not a nice person.
- Uh oh. Peter got Olivia the wrong coffee. This isn’t good for their relationship.
- Olivia to Peter: “Do you still think about her?”
- Oh no. This is gonna be bad. They’re gonna confront the elephant in the room.Peter: “Olivia, I said that because I wanted you to know that I noticed the differences. But I thought it was because of me. Because of us. I thought that I was bringing out a different side in you. But it was never because I wanted to be with her more. Because I don’t. I’m sorry about the coffee.” The pain and guilt he must feel! I’m sorry, Peter. I hate seeing their relationship on the rocks.
- Good gracious, this Fringe case just took a turn onto Depression Boulevard. Aaron passed a DNA pathogen to his unborn baby, Madison, which killed her.
- MY KRYPTONITE – Walter in trouble!
- Punch buggy yellow!! LMAO Olivia’s reaction. Her smile is like a Bald Eagle -it’s rare to see one but when you do it is majestic and awe-inspiring gliding through the sky.
- Okay, dude, I know you’re angry about the cortexiphan trials, but NO ONE points a gun at my Wally! Ooooo, interesting…Olivia is immune to his abilities. Peter: “How many more Walter? How many more are gonna crawl out of the woodwork?”
- Poor guy. The guy has been unable to control his abilities for 20 years.
- Yowzers. Another doll and this time it’s from Carla.
- Olivia thinks she is broken like Simon. That’s right, Peter, tell her how she is nothing like Simon. She is not broken. She is extraordinary. She is special. She is your one true love.
- Hello swanky fundraiser. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Olivia is dressed up with flaming red lips!!
- Whoa! Where did Olivia hide the gun in her dress?! The girl is the epitome of badass.
- There’s still one more! What the what! ALL BOW DOWN TO THE AMAZING OLIVIA AND SHE DID THAT WEARING AN ELEGANT DRESS!!
- YAY! Peter got his girl the right coffee this time, and oh em gee…Peter looks stunning in his tux. Swoon! Pea coat be damned. The tux, the lean, and swagger…I approve. He told Olivia she looks amazing. Gah, I am lightheaded.
- Sam Weiss!
- Sam wrote the books! He did say he was very old. “Whichever one he chooses, it’ll be her universe that survives.” Nina: “So in that case, there’s no cause for concern. He’ll choose our Olivia.” Sam: “I wouldn’t be so sure of that.” WHAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!! NOOOO!!!!! THIS CAN’T BE HAPPENING!!
- He still has feelings for her. I WANT TO CRY !!!!!!!!
Keep on being awesome Cortexifans!
A #HurryUpMary Update
Fringe 3×11 “Reciprocity”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
Fringe 3×10 “The Firefly”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
Fringe 3×09 “Marionette”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer