Fringe 3×13 “Immortality”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
I still haven’t gotten over the shock, anger, and frustration this episode brought into my life. A BABY?! REALLY?!?! Just when I thought we could move pass the Altlivia bump in the Polivia saga, we find out she is growing another bump – with Peter’s progeny inside. Excuse me while I search for a desk to hit my head against multiple times. I know, I know. Peter and Olivia ride off into the sunset on a magical, white unicorn, but when I saw this episode my Polivia dreams were shaken. Would Peter return to the Red-verse to be with his child? I still find it difficult to believe Altlivia and Peter created a baby…but they did.
- I spy with my little eye…a Blimp! It’s Altlivia! Who is this guy? Is he Frank? This is a different actor, right? He looks different. His hair has changed. Oh how I’ve missed Anna Torv’s playfulness in Altlivia.
- Uh oh. The guy switched the dude’s glass. Fringe Event in 3…2…1
- Ewww, the dude is vomiting…and bugs just crawled out of the stall. Only on a sci-fi show would grotesque discharge follow cutesy couple action.
- Okay, I don’t have a fear of bugs but these creep me out. They ate the guy from the inside!! Lincoln: “Not Charlie. Charlie loves bugs.” HAHA Lincoln and Charlie just made faces at each other. They should have a buddy cop spinoff.
- Evil Brandon and Walternate are injecting subjects with Cortexiphan and nine died in within 30 minutes. NOT COOL BRO! Oh snap! Walternate doesn’t want to experiment on children?! Since when does he have a moral compass?
- Mona Foster is Charlie’s #1 fan!! “Maybe you just need someone to scratch it.”
- Altlivia: “Bug girl’s got a crush on Charlie.” “Everyone is looking for someone who is gonna like them for who they are inside, right?” HAHA Good one, Liv!
- Go ahead, smash your vials you evil scientist.
- Frank to robot Astrid: “Where do I get one of you?” Can I have a robot Astrid, too? She is a tiny statistical machine. I would’ve loved having her in college when I took Statistics.
- Altlivia: “I bet she drives a beetle.” “Listen, if you go on a date with her and you’re late, then at least you know that she won’t bug out.” One of my favorite moments in the series! She should do standup.
- Lincoln: “I can only imagine what it is you see in a guy like that.” Altlivia: “Oh, he’s kind of perfect, isn’t he?” Lincoln: “No, I am perfect, but he’s a close second.” Whoa! Lincoln is Mr. Conspicious! Even a blind mole can tell he has a crush on Altlivia.
- Lincoln has moved up in the world. I miss Broyles
- LOL Lincoln, you are the worst! Never pegged him as a tattle-teller since his job deals with you know-CLASSIFIED INFORMATION.
- It’s a white tulip! GAH, Walternate is a CHEATER!!!!!!! HE IS HAVING AN AFFAIR!! Someone call Jerry Springer! I think I’m gonna barf. Reiko: “Do you trust me?” Walternate: “More than anyone.” REALLY?!?! GROSS!! Ugh, they just kissed-can I have bugs eat my insides, too?
- YES! Now, Altlivia can forget about Peter. Good. I’m rooting for these crazy kids.
- Holy Guacamole! Lincoln just got trapped and Altlivia fell through the floorboard. OH NO! He just gave her water. THIS IS NOT GOOD. The gestation has already begun and Altlivia is pissed. As much as I’m worried for her life, I actually like her angry. She is so forceful.
- It’s Frank! Lincoln is gonna interrogate Silva. Damn, he really loves Olivia. Silva: “She doesn’t need saving. I didn’t infect her.” Say what now? Altlivia is not the final host.
- OH FRAK! SHE IS PREGNANT! PLEASE OH PLEASE, LET THIS BE FRANK’S CHILD.
- Silva: “The queen is ready.” EWWWWW. He just took that thing out like it was nothing. Totally normal-everyone has a queen bug growing in their necks.
- Ay ay ay. Frank suspects the baby is not his. She is 6 weeks pregnant! Excuse me while I have a two-year old tantrum moment. What the eff?! Olivia is in love with Peter?!?! Don’t go Frank! You are supposed to take Altlivia’s mind off of Peter.
- I have a feeling it’s Walternate at the door. Yep, I knew it. Facepalm. Walternate: “You are the mother of my future grandchild.” MOTHER OF ALL FACEPALMS! He is gonna use Altlivia. This guy is Gotham City’s number one villain.
A #HurryUpMary Update
Fringe 3×12 “Concentrate and Ask Again”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
Fringe 3×11 “Reciprocity”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
Fringe 3×10 “The Firefly”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer