First Time Viewer Reactions: Fringe 3×19 “Lysergic Acid Diethylamide”
“This episode is going to be special.” That was my first thought when I read the title. After all his talk about taking hallucinogens as a young scientist, we finally get to see Walter throw an LSD party. The entire team (minus Astrid) take the laced sugar cube to enter Olivia’s mind and rescue her. It’s like an episode of The Magic School Bus and Walter is Ms. Frizzle. Also, SPOILER ALERT Peter gets Olivia back!! HIGH FIVE EVERYONE.
- I would actually watch a show that was just Bell and Walter. Their friendship is hilarious.
- Oh no Olivia!! She’s having a seizure.
- Peter to the ER doctor: “She’s my girlfriend.” Walter: “He’s my partner.” HA! Yeah, try explaining that to the doctors.
- Whoa, they’re gonna enter Olivia’s mind. I would be frightened to do that. It’s probably super badass like the rest of her and any wrong step would mean a roundhouse kick by her medulla oblongata.
- LOL There should be more episodes with Peter on LSD. So entertaining!
- Well, hello there Mr. Sexy Peacoat in sunglasses. Walter: “Of all the places to grab a man, you choose the crotch of my pants!”
- LMAO Not Broyles too?! He’s so spacey. Poor Astrid. She always gets stuck being the designated driver.
- I don’t like this version of Ms. Terminator. She tried to kill Walter. NOT NICE.
- They are cartoons!
- Zombies? Really??!! I doubt there would be zombies in Olivia’s mind.
- Bell to Walter: “Now, you possess the wisdom of humility. We didn’t back then. The decisions you make will be the right ones. The direction you choose to take will be just.” Walter is such a beautiful character trying to make amends for what he has done. THIS IS WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THE SHOW.
- WTF! Who would cut the fuel gauge? Who is this guy?!? Walter!!!!! NOOO!
- Now, Broyles sees cartoons. He’s like Giselle in Enchanted talking to the birds.
- Peter: “She told me that the last time she remembered feeling that way was the day before she met you and Walter at the Cortexiphan Trials. I think she’s down there somewhere. In that house, on that day. Hiding out.” That’s right, Peter! You go find your soulmate. You’re the only one who knows where she is!
- YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He found her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL TOGETHER! Wait…HUH?! It’s not her? GAH!! It’s little Olivia.
- Little Olivia: “I just needed to know it was you.” “People have been tricking me, but I knew the real you would recognize me.”
- Oh no, Peter jumped in front of the car to save Olivia. Peter: “I lost her.” Somebody hold me.
- Baby Olivia is now adult Olivia. That’s right, Liv, stand up to them! Bell: “You are your own worst enemy, Olivia. You took the opportunity to let your fears overwhelm you, but you just fought back. In the end, you are as strong as Walter and I always believed you were.” Well, just go ahead and hit me with another tidal wave of emotions.
- Bell: “Tell Walter that I knew the dog wouldn’t hunt.” HUH?!
- She’s awake!! And Peter is so relieved. Look at his face! IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL FOR A COUPLE TO BE THIS CUTE!!!!
- Oh no. “The Data Disc is empty.” Poor Walter. Bell’s message meant he knew he wasn’t coming out.
- Astrid is trying to comfort Walter with food. HOLD UP!! He loves the TV show, Zoom? I use to watch that as a kid! I AM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW! This makes me love Walter even more.
- HEHE Reunited and it feels so good! Olivia: “Thank you for coming to get to me.”
- Olivia drew Mr. X. “Who is this guy?” Olivia: “Yeah, I don’t know. I haven’t seen him before. But I think that he’s the man who’s gonna kill me.” WTF?! You just said that all nonchalant. WTF. What is wrong with you?! Yeah, go ahead and eat your toast like it’s nothing. GAH, shouldn’t we talk about this?!?! I mean how is there going to be Polivia if there is no Olivia. That would just be P, and that would be sad.
Did you like the animated portion of the episode? What was your reaction when you heard Olivia say Mr. X was going to kill her? As always, thank you Fringe Files for the screencaps and “dunhamgetinmybed” for providing the gifs.