First Time Viewer Reactions: Fringe 3×22 “The Day We Died”
Deep breaths everyone! It’s the season finale.
This episode is just hard. Sure, Olivia is alive at the end, but watching her get shot and then her family gather for the funeral was difficult. It was especially difficult for me because the funeral pyre reminded me of Return of the Jedi (a beautiful scene in cinema). And let’s not forget Peter breaking down at the thought of never having children with Olivia. And Ella no longer believing in fairytale endings. So much heart break. Of course, the episode can’t end there. It’s the season finale for goodness’ sake. If you are not curled up in the fetal position bawling then the writers didn’t do their job, so the episode ended with Peter being erased. You know that ship that we’ve been fighting for…oh yeah, it’s gone. NOT COOL.
- Peter is 47 years old (and looking damn fine) and Astrid has a different hairstyle. WE’RE IN THE FUTURE!
- It’s Ella!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awwww, she is part of the Fringe team – following in her aunt’s footsteps.
- This is new…Olivia in a skirt. AND SHE IS WEARING A WEDDING RING!!!!!! THEY ARE MARRIED!!! I don’t even care who Moreau is because the world is perfect with Polivia married.
- Walter is in jail?!?!?! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heart breaking.
- Walter is back in his lab but…in chains. Reunion! This is perhaps one of my favorite scenes ever!
- Oh Em Gee. Olivia has superpowers.
- Boxed red wine?! Really?!
- Olivia wants to have a baby. Peter: “I still think we’re gonna have a kid. In fact, I think we’re gonna have several. Two, maybe three. A little tribe of Bishops.” HAVE YOUR BABY!!!
- Polivia goodness.
- Why doesn’t anyone respect Astrid’s desk!!!?? Grrrr. Olivia and Ella working together is absolutely ADORABLE!!
- This is like Luke Skywalker facing his father, Darth Vader.
- Fudgesickle! It was a trick! He is going to kill Olivia.
- It’s Olivia’s funeral. THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING!!!! THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING! THIS IS JUST LIKE THE END OF RETURN OF THE JEDI. I CAN’T HANDLE THIS. THIS IS NOT HAPPENING. UNCONTROLLABLE SOBBING
- Walter: “You use to call me uncle Walter.” Ella: “There aren’t any happy endings, nowadays, are there?” SHE LOST HER ABILITY TO THINK OF HAPPY ENDINGS!! THESE WRITERS HIT IT WHERE IT HURTS!! I CAN’T FUNCTION.
- Peter and Walter are gonna try to fix the universe. Yay. You can do it!
- Peter: “Olivia, you’re alive.” What is happening? OH SNAP! OH CRAP-O-RAMA! It’s AltLivia and Walternate! What is going on?!?! Peter: “I understand now.” The first people are Ella, Astrid and Walter. WTF?!
- Peter just disappeared! WHAT! It’s a bunch of Observers. They don’t remember Peter. He never existed. He served his purpose. WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?!
Fringe 3×21 “The Last Sam Weiss”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
Fringe 3×20 “6:02 AM EST”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer
Fringe 3×19 “Lysergic Acid Diethylamide”: Reactions from a First Time Viewer