When @GodsGirl1989 told us Fringe fans were planning a special event on September 9, we wanted to contribute something somehow. So, we decided to put a creative twist on our photo recaps. A crossover photo recap! Rather than die in the explosion in Season 5 Episode 4, Etta is transported to Storybrooke where she meets Emma Swan and her family. Together, they must defeat the Snow Queen and find a way to get Etta home. We hope you enjoy it!
We are well into the TV season and Pop Culture Nexus wants to know how shows are doing so we asked the experts. YOU! The fans.
Read what Once Upon A Time super fan, Gods Girl, had to say about the show’s season so far. Tweet Gods Girl at @GodsGirl1989
(If you want to be interviewed about your favorite show, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Fan Interview” in the subject line.)
Once Upon a Time is in its third season. How do you think it is doing? Is it living up to your expectations or is it a disappointment?
I have been a huge fan of Once Upon A Time since the pilot and I have really been enjoying this third season. It has been fun discovering what their version of Neverland is like. It has had a very LOST feeling to me with them all trying to figure out a way to get off the Island (which I love)! I have not been a huge fan of Peter Pan as he just seems like a total brat. I would rather have seen a more fun loving and helpful Peter Pan but maybe that’s just me. I also think the family dynamic between Snow, Charming and Emma has been really good and interesting this season, as Snow is starting to fully accept that even though she has her daughter back, it doesn’t change the fact that it is still a very complicated and strained relationship as she was robbed of her daughter’s whole childhood. I think as the season goes on we will deal with that a lot more and hopefully Emma can find some kind of peace with her parents despite the situation. I really just want nothing more than for this family to get their happily ever after!
What has been your favorite moment this season?
My favorite moment this season was definitely in the episode “Good Form” when Regina, Snow and Emma got to see Henry and tell him how much they all loved him through the little magic mirror. I actually had to watch it over and over because it was just so sweet! Obviously we know that Snow and Emma have a true and deep love for Henry, but I really feel like Regina also shares an honest love for him. I mean even if she had evil intentions for raising him, I believe that it has developed into something good. I may be in the minority but I believe Regina has a real love for Henry.
If you could tell the producers and writers to include or change one thing this season, what would it be?
If I could change anything about this season it would be for Emma and Hook to NEVER be an item! I hated their kiss and all the flirting Hook has forced on Emma this season…YUCK! My problem with all of this is that Hook had an affair with Neal’s mother which is Henry’s grandmother so the idea that Henry’s mother would be in a relationship with his grandmother’s lover is just wrong!
Where do Once Upon a Time fans typically gather to talk about the show? (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Forums)
My favorite place to talk about the show is Twitter and on that note, I have to say that Fringe was the first Fandom that I got involved with through Twitter and it has opened lots of other doors for me in getting involved and engaged with other shows like Once Upon a Time and one of the main leaders of the Fringe community was the Incredible Aimee Long (of ‘Fringenuity’) who tragically passed away this past week. I know this does not have a lot to do with Once Upon a Time but the point is that her passion, fight and dedication for the show she loved so much is an amazing example for other Fandoms and once again I would not even know about the Once Upon a Time community if Aimee had not first welcomed me into the Fringe Twitter community with open arms, so basically it was kind of a domino effect for me and I just had to honor her in some way.
Season 3 has officially begun and Oncers are rejoicing. But the season premiere isn’t the only thing to celebrate. On October 1, Titan Books will release the official companion to the show, Once Upon a Time Behind the Magic. The book features visually stunning photographs and interviews with the cast and series co-creators Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis. There are in-depth episode guides but what makes this guide so different from your typical article on the show is the collection of interviews with the crew. The book certainly lives up to its title with its examination of special effects, costumes, music, props, and production design. Crew members from each department offer a behind the scenes look at the elements that make the magic possible in Storybrooke. Find out what inspired Mark Isham to compose the music for the series and read how Bill Burd selected some of the iconic props. If you are like me who loves reading about the work it takes for an episode to be prepped before its filmed, then you will enjoy this guide.
Reactions from fans after the Season 3 premiere:
- @ItsMsMissy That was a twist ending
- @BonesofSnow Well that was awesome. S3 of
#OUAT is going to rock if the premiere is any indication.
- @denardra is it just me or is that kid’s hair a little perfect for him to be peter…
- @JenMRicci Omg that episode of
#OUAT was absolutely fantastic.
- @MzHill08 Never underestimate the wrath of a loving mom!
#ouat Great way to start the season!!
- @YMo_tornado This show actually will ruin your childhood. But I love it.
- @hera_b Decent episode of
#OUAT!! Can’t wait to see more of Neverland!!
- @vivian_bermudez OUAT premiere was kind of anti-climatic. Like I liked it but it wasn’t as plot driven as I thought it would be. Hopefully it gets better.
#OuaT was actually pretty decent. Far better than most of season 2.
- @JoMoLovely13 I’m scared of Peter Pan. Trips to Disney World will be awkward now
- @Erin_R_Crawford Oh my gosh what an awesome episode! Can’t wait for next week!!
- @ChrisStein So
#OnceUponATime is taking one of the most beloved Disney characters in #PeterPan, and making him a villain this season? Do not approve
- @prettyonpointe Can I just say that missing the Once Upon a Time season premier will probably cause me emotional trauma for the rest of my life.
Share your reactions to season premiere in the comments section.
Thanks to the election, about a third of my shows weren’t on this week, but the ones that were new had some truly memorable moments, including a Castle episode that put the “fan” in fantastic, some lovable bad boys on Once Upon a Time, and a historic tribal council. Here are our highlights from the past week of television…
ABC’s Once Upon Time returned with its Season 2 premiere tonight. Read the reactions from fans:
- @lcod777 I’m already addicted to the new
- @BethDon5 I’m confused… But happy to have had my fairytale fix. I know it’ll get better!
- @IrisChavez OMG!!!!
#OnceUponATime season premiere blew me AWAY!!! Can’t wait for next Sunday! 😝
- @Jordan_Henn @
JaneEspenson never disappoints… Bravo to the entire #OnceUponaTime team #MagicIsHere
- @iandid So, what’s the shipper name for Prince Philip/Mulan???
- @crockerdile13 THAT’S how you do a season premier!!
- @Mjo30 Ok the one thing I want to know more than anything is who is Dr. Whale????
- @shanac33 I am so excited about Mulan and Aurora being best friends. They’re my favorites.
- @THE_EnglishNerd Best series ever! I love fairytales!!!
#OnceUponATime soooo…. Prince Charming is still as fine as ever.
- @KtKrebs What a premier!!
@OnceAbc knows how to work it! #MagicIsHere #OnceUponATime
- @kthyst OMG. THAT KISS BETWEEN AURORA AND PHILIP WAS INTENSE. his accent when he said “i love you,”
#leswoon. @OnceABC #onceuponatime
- @TheJoeyCMonster WHAT EVEN IS?!?!? That was the best hour of my life!
#OnceUponATime is it next Sunday yet?!?!
#OnceUponATime OMG THE PREMIERE! Can’t deal with the feelings. Can’t deal with it.
- @kelsj1 That was epic
#OnceUponATime premier was epic!
- @motherofgandalf Officially confused.
- @EmmaCaj Mind officially blown by the premiere of
#OnceUponATime haha. #greatnight
- @jonesandbennett Lying in a pool of my own pathetic tears of excitement after
- @mjcc64 I enjoyed the season opener of
#OnceUponATime. Totally engaging.
I am really enjoying ABC’s new fairy tale drama Once Upon A Time. One of the things I love most about it is the Lost references. (There were at least six in the pilot, and a handful since then.) Not a surprise, considering the show was created by two former Lost writers. This week’s episode, entitled “That Still Small Voice,” included a nod to Lost that brought back some fond memories. Did you catch it? When Archie the shrink (AKA Jiminy Cricket) was going through Henry’s backpack containing his provisions for his incredibly unsafe mine exploration, he pulled out a chocolate bar, but it wasn’t just any chocolate bar, it was an Apollo bar! These candy bars show up periodically throughout Lost, as seen above in the picture of Hurley sharing an Apollo bar with Ben in season 4. Maybe next week on Once Upon A Time, Snow White will visit Mr. Cluck’s Chicken Shack, or we’ll discover that Cinderella’s favorite band is Drive Shaft. I for one can’t wait to see more winks and nods to my dear departed Lost. To see all the Easter eggs from the pilot episode, check out this website. What other Lost references did you catch in this week’s Once Upon A Time? Did you notice the Mayor from Buffy was in this episode? Are you loving this show as much as I am? Leave your thoughts in the comments section, or tweet us @PopCultureNexus.
It was a spooky week of Halloween-themed episodes, not to mention a few reimagined fairy tales. Here are some highlights from this week:
Once Upon A Time 1×01 “Once Upon A Time”
“Frozen in time stuck in Storybrooke, Maine. That’s what you’re going with?” -Emma
The Walking Dead 2×02 “Bloodletting”
“It’s a waste of time, all this hopin’ and prayin’. Cause we’re gonna locate that little girl, and she’s gonna be just fine. Am I the only one Zen around here? Good Lord.” -Daryl
Gossip Girl 5×05 “The Fasting and the Furious”
“If only you could be me for a day and I could be you, and we’d both get what we want. But since we’re not in a Jason Bateman movie, we have to think of another plan.” -Chuck
Suburgatory 1×05 “Halloween”
“We’re performing an exorcism tonight. But we don’t have a lot of time. Hoarders comes on in an hour.” -Lisa
Community 3×05 “Horror Fiction in Seven Spooky Steps”
“You ruined a Britta party. That’s like letting poop spoil.” -Troy
Parks & Recreation 4×05 “Meet N Greet”
Lowe’s Employee: “Hi there! Is there a project you’re working on?”
Ron: “I know more than you.”
The Office 8×05 “Spooked”
“Every Halloween I tell him the same thing: you can’t bring weapons into the office. And every year he says the same thing: as soon as I get my weapons back I’m gonna kill you.” -Toby (referring to Dwight)
Grimm 1×01 “Pilot”
“How do I stay good? Through a strict regimen of diet, drugs, and Pilates.” -The Big Bad Wolf
What were your favorite quotes from this week? Hit up the comments section, or tweet us @PopCultureNexus!
Blogger, John Dellaporta, gives us his thoughts on ABC’s new television show, Once Upon A Time. Read it here.
Follow John Dellaporta on Twitter @JohnDellaporta
- @purehero I liked the pilot, it reminded me a bit of
#Fables by Bill Willingham
- @sareelify I think Rumpelstiltskin has some potential, but I’m unsure where the show is going b#onceuponatime
- @ianmorrill Holy shit
#onceuponatime really sucks
- @alliegiancarlo Once Upon A Time is absolutely brilliant, and will hopefully fill the hole in my soul that was left by LOST
- @kaylyngelhar Watching
#onceuponatime … Actually kind of into this! 🙂 probs gonna be DVRing this every week
#onceuponatime. OMG awesome! Worth the wait!!
#onceuponatime was good. A lot of potential there.
- @JDMLostandFound The
#OnceUponATime pilot was awesome. Best pilot I’ve seen this year. #Mustwatchtv
#OnceUponaTime is pretty great. Lots of nods to #Lost. I think I’ll give it a try. #ihavetogoback
#Onceuponatime was kinda disaster-ish
- @Madi_Corinn12 Watched
#OnceUponATime sooo amazing.(:
- @DearHeartxoxo I’m confused….
#OnceUponATime was awesome!!!
- @TheadamB Watched
#OnceUponATime tonight. Looks very promising.
- @daana_ loved
#onceuponatime, all your favorite fairytales put in one
#OnceUponaTime was awesome tonight! It reminds me so much of #Fables but in a good way.
#onceuponatime was #epic ! Yay for fairytales
- @sews4dollars I’m sufficiently interested to watch the next episode.
Here’s my stream-of-consciousness first impression of the premiere of ABC’s new fairy tale drama Once Upon A Time:
- The scenery in the fairy tale universe is really stunning. Beautiful opening scene of the prince galloping through a luscious green forest.
- Woah, Emma is actually a kickass bail bondswoman? Awesome. Watching her slam that guy’s face into his steering wheel made me instantly like her. (It also made me forgive Jennifer Morrison for her role as Zoe on How I Met Your Mother last season.)
- Robert Carlyle is impressively creepy as Rumplestiltskin.
- I love Emma’s “pshaw” reaction to this random kid’s mention of Storybrooke. “Ha ha, fairy tales? Yeah right, kid.”
- This little boy is disarmingly poised.
- Lost reference #1: The clock reads 8:15.
- It’s a little hard to take the fairy tale half of the story seriously. But I still kind of like it.
- …until this happened: there is literally a fairy. I don’t know how I feel about this.
- Lost reference #2: Classic Lost eye closeup of Emma’s eye.
- Hello, cute British sheriff. Wait, why is there a British sheriff in Maine? What kind of British boy grows up dreaming about becoming a local sheriff in a small town in Maine? Am I missing something.
- Wow, sword-fighting while carrying a newborn baby in one hand? This prince has mad skills. (Don’t try this at home.)
- Ooh, Snow White trying to kiss her prince back to life. Twist! I like it.
- Lost reference #3: The house number is 108. (I could do this all day.)
- Good ending. I am adequately intrigued. And surprisingly not at all put off by Ginnifer Goodwin’s haircut.
- All in all, I like it. I’m a sucker for fairy tales, and I have a high tolerance level for cheesiness. Also, the rich mythology could make for a really interesting season.
What do you think, folks? Did you watch? Will you keep watching? Were you equally perturbed by that blue fairy? Leave your thoughts in the comments or tweet us @PopCultureNexus.